Vision & Mission
Our Vision: Skills based food education is available to every New Zealand child
To work with government and partners to provide the inspiration, information, training and support that ensures the provision of effective, experience based kitchen garden programmes accessible to children across New Zealand.
To establish a programme to train and educate children in New Zealand in the practise of
- Creating gardens growing fruit and vegetables
- Harvesting the bounty of the gardens
- Cooking the produce, using kitchen equipment they have been shown how to safely use, to produce delicious food
- Sharing the food they have prepared around the table with their classmates, teachers and volunteers
- Sharing their accomplishments through writing and images.
To develop operating and training materials for schools, teachers and volunteers to facilitate the rollout of Garden to Table throughout NZ.
To engage with the appropriate authorities to lobby for the inclusion of gardening and cooking in all schools.