1. Empower Programme
Empower is our joint initiative with Life Education Trust, generously supported by The Warehouse Foundation. Empower is designed to combine the health and nutrition learnings from Life Education Trust with the hands-on life skills of Garden to Table.
Schools can join up to Garden to Table Online and access all our online resources and Empower Classroom Starter Resources, for $99.
This is a great way to introduce your students to growing fresh vegetables and preparing delicious dishes, all within the classroom.
To find out more about joining the Empower Programme please email us at email@example.com
2. Garden to Table Online
We believe all primary and intermediate schools in New Zealand should be able to offer Garden to Table for their students. We have therefore developed Garden to Table Online. Garden to Table Online provides all the information a school needs to begin their Garden to Table programme via an online portal, and includes:
- Participation, Garden, Kitchen and Volunteer 'How-to' Guides and Templates
- A set of child-friendly recipes using produce from your garden
- Information and Safety Sheets
- Kitchen skills instruction videos
- Participation certificates and licences (eg, the Garden to Table Wheelbarrow Licence)
- Comprehensive Curriculum Resources
- Access to the Garden to Table Community Forum (launch late 2016)
- Access to the Garden to Table moodle training platform (launch late 2016)
Garden to Table Online is a great way for local businesses and organisations to support their local school. This can include sponsorship of the annual membership fee, working bees to build raised garden beds or paint the kitchen area, support with product (such as garden are kitchen supplies), and ongoing volunteering opportunities.
Garden to Table Online Annual Membership: $299+GST
If you would like to sign up to Garden to Table Online, you can do so immediately, and gain access to Garden to Table's full range of online resources. Click here to be directed to our payment portal.
3. Garden to Table Full Programme
The Garden to Table Full Programme is the ideal way to introduce Garden to Table to your school or organisation, and is available in six Garden to Table Geographic Hubs in the Bay of Islands, Auckland, Hawke's Bay, Wellington, Blenheim/Nelson, and Christchurch. As a Full Programme member, your local Area Coordinator will work with you to help you establish and embed Garden to Table within your school community, and integrate the learnings within the broader curriculum.
As well as access to the full set of Garden to Table online resources, you will receive:
- 10-15 hours of on-site support from your Garden to Table Area Coordinator, who will assist with the set up of the programme in your school
- a total of 20 hours one-on-one, on-site training for your Garden and Kitchen specialists
- Access to Garden to Table's family of sponsors and partners' products and services, including garden and kitchen start-up packs (valued at over $1,500)
- Access to our online community forum where Garden to Table members can connect, share ideas and ask questions
- Access to our volunteer database and other supporters and partners who may be able to assist with large projects in your school
- Regular training and meetings for your kitchen and garden specialists, providing a mentor school for support and networking opportunities with other specialists
We believe that the Garden to Table Full Programme is the most effective way to introduce Garden to Table to your school or organisation and ensures your school receives the support it needs during the establishment phase.
We often have access to funding support lower decile schools, which can assist with the membership fee.
For more information about becoming a Garden to Table Full Programme member, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org